Please contact-us to report any broken links.
Four-part series about the history of mathematics, presented by Oxford professor Marcus du Sautoy.
In the Middle East, he looks at the invention of the new language of algebra and the spread of Eastern knowledge to the West through mathematicians such as Leonardo Fibonacci, creator of the Fibonacci Sequence.
They dedicated one part of the episode of "Genius of the East" to the advancement of science in the Muslim civilisation and its impact on Europe and also “House of Wisdom”, algebra, Arabic Numerals, Al-Khawarizmi, Omer Khayyam and many more...
- Mathematics in Muslim Heritage
- Muslim Founders of Mathematics
- The Abbasids’ House of Wisdom in Baghdad
- Al-Khawarizmi (780 - 850 CE)
- Al-Khwarizmi, Abdu’l-Hamid Ibn Turk and the Place of Central Asia in the History of Science