Part 1: Wanderlust
Beginning in north Africa, Tim visits Battutah's birthplace of Tangier in Morocco, and stumbles on a performance of medieval trance music. In Egypt, he goes to a remote village where Battutah had an astonishing prophetic dream and visits the world's oldest university in Cairo.
Part 2: Magicians and Mystics
In Turkey, Tim watches an illegal whirling dervish ceremony, and in the Taurus mountains he meets the last of the Turkoman nomads. He chats to Tatars in Crimea, while in Delhi he watches a Muslim magician performing the Indian rope trick.
Part 3: Trade Winds
- Ibn Battuta
- Ibn Battuta and the 14th Century Muslim World
- Mapping the World
- The Travels of Ibn Fadlan
- The Travels of Ibn Jubair
- Al-Ramhormuzi and the Wonders of India
- Better Directions at Sea: The Piri Reis Innovation
- Echos of What Lies Behind the 'Ocean of Fogs'
- Scandinavia and Ibn Fadlan